Skip to main content

Chicken Wings Burn Down Apartment


Cooking chicken wings starts Tampa apartment fire




Posted: 10/10/2010

By: Chad Cookler
TAMPA - A man's attempt to cook chicken wings Sunday afternoon sparked a fire that damaged several Tampa apartments.

According to Tampa Fire Rescue, 23-year-old Zachary Lesinski was frying the wings around 1 p.m. when the grease boiled over onto the stovetop and caught fire.

Lesinski tried to smother the blaze but couldn't so he called 9-1-1 as he ran out his home, located at the Cove Apartments on Westshore Blvd.

Firefighters got the flames under control in about 20 minutes and were able to stop the fire from consuming the entire building.

The fire did moderate damage to Lesinski's apartment and caused some smoke and water damage in 3 other apartments. Damage to the building is estimated at $100,000.

The American Red Cross is helping those displaced by the fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Byrne's Tavern - Port Richmond (Philadelphia) PA

Anthony and I just had lunch at Byrne's Tavern in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia, PA. First off, I'd like to say how easy this place is to get to. It's just off of I95. You can actually see it from the highway. It has a huge crab on the side of the brick building with a gigantic shamrock behind it. "Welcome to friendly Port Richmond" is a very inviting slogan. This tavern has a great Irish feel to it, when you get to it, there is plenty of parking which is a huge plus for a place in the city. Once you walk in, you're greeted by the friendly staff. I haven't been there in about 10 months, and only 3 times or so before that, and the waitress' Rox both remembered my name, asked me about my son, and even asked me how things were going in the town that i live in. That alone is amazing! But we don't write reviews on customer service haha. Still amazing though. When we sat down, we were given our menus, which is like 3 pages long. Typical bar …